We are looking for an editor for our “Caribbean Connections” column, which focuses its lens on the Caribbean region, highlighting human rights, gender and environmental topics from there. We want our newest editor to either be from the Caribbean region or have a background studying or working in the Caribbean. We want to assure that the articles of the column are curated in the best way possible.
Words in the Bucket (WIB) welcomes individuals with an interest and/or background in writing, editing and international issues to join our talented team of editors. You will have the opportunity to work with individuals who are committed to raising awareness about underlooked issues and sharing their perspectives and thoughts in their articles for the column.
WIB’s team of editors hails from various locations: Spain, Italy, Brazil, Hungary, Ukraine and the U.S. We all come from different cultural and professional backgrounds but are united in our dedication to WIB’s mission to raise awareness, inform people, and encourage their participation and the sharing of their opinions. We believe all of this constitutes the fundamental basis for change. We welcome anyone who shares our vision and commitment to join our team as an editor!
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Background working, studying or living in the Caribbean region.
- Be able to read, review, and edit 2 articles of approximately 1,000 words per month
- Experience and/or interest working in journalism and media
- Experience and/or interest in human rights, development, environment and social issues in the Caribbean
- Ability to work remotely with stable internet connection
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Availability to participate in online editorial meetings every 2 months
What you get:
You will have the opportunity to work with a team of individuals from all over the world who are enthusiastic about independent media and work hard to grow WIB into something larger and more significant. You will also get to hone your writing and editing skills and receive guidance from a team of experienced individuals.
This melting pot of experiences and cultures is a source of pride and uniqueness that our team believes will benefit any individual who becomes a WIB editor.
Note: The editor position is not remunerated, it is a volunteer position.
You can join WIB’s team of editors by emailing: [email protected] with your CV and a short cover letter explaining why you want this position. Please include “WIB Caribbean Editor” in the subject line.
Deadline for Applications: 27th October 2017.